"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year.....wow....




Time totally flies.....it is January 2011!!!!

So let's recap the year.....

Last year on New Year's Eve, I was sitting in the hot tub with my husband, I was totally down, was sick of my job, sick of being fat, and knew it was time to make a change.....as we sat there with a glass of wine, crying about my life.....I made a statement....

....IN 2010 I AM GOING TO CHANGE!!! IT WILL BE THE YEAR OF CHANGE, AND THE YEAR OF GREAT OPPORTUNITIES!.....

So at the end of January I quit my job, and began job search....I know, I know...probably the wrong order to do things, but when things need to change...they just have to....so there I was....February, looking for a job, changing my resume and deciding to start changing my body...this time seriously......

So I started going to the gym twice a day, started a healthy diet, started cutting down on alcohol consumption, had myself tested for food sensitivities, and metabolic typing....all that was great, but I was still gaining weight...

I felt so out of control, now I had no job, and my body was just out of control...on a total gaining spiral....I weighed in at 310 at some point (even though I try to block that out)....

In May I was so down...I started researching surgical options, thought about what to do, and then in June I decided, I was getting a sleeve....scheduled and was ready to go....then I discovered the gastric plication procedure...and never looked back....I changed surgeons, and re-scheduled and had surgery in July!

Phew! what a year!!!!!

Since July:

  • I have lost 59lbs (ugh I was so mad that I didn't make 60 by year end....but it'll happen).....
  • I have a new awesome job
  • I am moving cross country (from California to Florida) this week to start my new job
  • My husband is down 40 lbs! His business is starting to kick butt.....
So I guess.....in the words of Oprah! "the universe gave me what I asked for"...what's the name of that whole creed.....the one about putting things out into the world and having positive thoughts and mantras....it worked....

This New Year's Eve I sat in the same hot tub, with a glass of champagne...and said:

....2010 WAS THE YEAR OF CHANGE, 2011 WILL BE THE YEAR OF GREATNESS!.........


Happy New Year everyone!


1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. said...

I like your attitude! If you wanna follow mine it's http://goodbyetomyotherhalf.blogspot.com/
Good luck!