"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Made it home from Vacation...and today is Thanksgiving.....

So I made it home from vacation....OMG we had such a great time....I felt so much better in my swim suit and just all around....it was pretty awesome...here's a shot of my in our little plunge pool.....
Yes...a little champagne...for sure!
I had a blast, watched what I ate, and enjoyed a few alcoholic bevy's......we worked out every other day, or at least tried to....also there was a lot of walking, getting in and out of the ocean, and swimming.....I can't wait to go back in May.....

On a super positive note, I got invited to an in-person interview in Orlando, yes the job I was super excited about.  So I got home Friday and flew back out on Sunday for Monday interviews.  That is the good.....also the good is that none of my interview suits/business wear fit, I looked like I had borrowed clothes from a fat/frumpy dead aunt!....So I found a black skirt and a twin seater set, and wore that....It sort of worked and at least I looked buiness-like....not NY business, but midwest business....If you guys get my drift....

Interviews went fab....I hope to get an offer soon....if not, oh well...I guess something better will come my way......

Got back late Monday night, and yes....Monday was my 10th wedding anniversary....so my hubs had an entire dinner surprise waiting for me, dinner, table cloth and table set, flowers....oh so nice.....even though by now I was in the throws of a horrible head cold....so I enjoyed his company, being home, and coming down from a total high/anxiety from interview....

So today is Thanksgiving, and we're making an entire meal for just the 2 of us.....seriously, a 14lb turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce.....So I'll eat a few bites, and he'll have his normal portion.  I'll have a butt load of leftovers, but I'll make tamales with the leftover turkey....I'll post recipe....they are yummy......

So I got brave and stepped on the scale this morning....I was scared since I hadn't stepped on since I hit 50lbs before vacation....and guess what....I'm down another 2.5lbs!!!!  I am so super excited....I can do this, even with vacation, even with flying and interviews, even with airplane swelling, and getting ready for Thanksgiving......

Now that is something that I am totally thankful for!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say that I am extremely proud of my sister!!! GO CAROL! :) Lots of love to you and keep up the good work and don't let anyone stand in your way.