"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Monday, November 29, 2010

So I thought I'd update.....

Back in July, a few days before surgery, I posted my mini goal list:



  • I can cut my toenails and not run out of breath (the week before vacation I cut my toe nails and didn't even think about it)

  • get on an airplane and actually pull my seatbelt tight, instead of hoping I don't have to ask for an extender (going on vacation and traveling to Orlando, I fit in the sit, and pulled my seatbelt tight!  Woo hoo)

  • being able to go to the bathroom in said airplane...I don't ask for #2, but just to pee and wipe without acrobatics, since I can't get my legs open enough to get my hand in for a wipe (yup, was able to pee, wipe and pull up clothes....no problem)

  • Speaking of #2, while out and about, not choosing the handicap bathroom so that I can actually wipe (haven't had the need, but was able to change my clothes in a regular stall at the airport, with suitcase inside stall....so I'm sure going #2 will be ok....heeeeeeeeeeee)

  • being able to shop anywhere on the planet for clothes, and not spend a week in travel clothes because my luggage was lost and there is not a store in the country that caters to the "plus size"

  • going to a restaurant and not worrying if I'll fit in the booth, or if the hostess will try to sit me in a booth just to see me struggle, to finally rest my breasts on the table.

  • looking down while standing up and seeing my toes (yup, this I was able to do about 4 weeks out of surgery)

  • being able to use my lap as a lap.....not like some weird ill stable table (I have a lap!)

  • having my boobs no longer be my crumb/drip tray  (I no longer eat huge amounts, and my boobs aren't as big...no more crumb tray)

  • crossing my legs



  • I am now adding to the list:

    • Run a 5K non stop
    • Get a very cute business suit
    • Lear to accessorise


    Thanksgiving was fun, we cooked, and cleaned and I was able to eat all the holiday fare without feeling stuffed.  I haven't weighed in, I'll weigh in on Friday.  But I feel good.  I have been fighting a terrible chest cold, so I haven't been at the gym as much as I'd like.....but, this afternoon....back to spin, and tomorrow back to my 5K training.....


    Tree is up, and let the Holiday Season begin!

    4 comments:

    s.j. said...

    Great job on reading so many goals!! I look forward to hitting many goals soon too. I'm only 7 weeks post op, but I'm getting there.

    My blog about my weight loss journey:
    http://thenewmeadventuresinweightloss.blogspot.com/

    s.j. said...

    sorry, that should say "reaching so many goals" not "reading so many goals". Fingers moving faster than brain again. :)

    Carol said...

    Thanks, I'll definitely go to your blog!

    Anonymous said...

    I hadn't noticed mission-no-fat.blogspot.com before in my searches!
    Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.