"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Home made protein bars....first try....slight disappointment....

So I was just taking ideas from various web pages and this is what I decided to make....

Ingredients

Mix all ingredients first the dry and then add water until you get the consistency of a slightly wet batter, like muffin batter sort of....

Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper, spray with a little non stick spray.  Pour batter into pan, spread to even out.

Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.

OUTCOME:

I cut these into 20 squares, sort of like brownies.  The consistency was chewy and sort of like brownies.  But they lacked in flavor.  I think I'll make these again, add some splenda, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mine came out pretty bland.  I am also thinking I may add some canned pumpkin and flax for seasonal flavor.  You can substitute and play with the recipe.  For now this is a keeper for me, just need to re-make to add a little more flavor.  Will probably also cut down on the oats, to reduce carbs as I add flax seed and other nuts and maybe double up on the protein powder.  Anyway...they were good (ok only, good) and filling.  They hit the spot when I want a cookie or something sweet.....have fun playing around with ingredients....

Here's the calorie breakdown:


Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 squares

Amount per Serving

Calories 109
Calories from Fat 29.5

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 3.28g
5%
Saturated Fat 1.27g
6%
Cholesterol 11.5mg
3%
Sodium 50.92mg
2%
Total Carbohydrate 12.22g
4%
Dietary Fiber 1.92g
7%
Sugars 2.88g
Protein 9.1g
18%

3 comments:

Brittany Renae Spry said...

Hey Carol...I am new to blogger.com but anyways...I am having the sleeve plication done on this friday. I would really like to ask you some questions about your surgery if that would be ok with you. My email is brittany_spry07@yahoo.com. Thanks and hope to hear from you very soon.

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Definitely gonna recommend this post to a few friends

Anonymous said...

Good evening

Looking forward to your next post