"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Me vs. chocolate covered nutter butters.....I won!

So this afternoon as I was headed into my second spin class of the day.  Our gym was hosting the local chamber of commerce mixer....so in the entry way, they had set up a chocolate fountain....

Yes! can you guys believe this, but I guess all businesses get to show and tell at the mixer...so right there, as I walked in...there it was....the thing is, I can usually walk right past chocolate fountains, I'm not a big fan of sharing spit....but they were just setting up, and then they came out....

Nutter Butter cookies to dip into the chocolate fountain....Nutter Butters have been my favorite for years....in term of store bought mass produced cookies.....so there they were in the open, calling my name....

I spent most of my spin class rationalizing why I should allow myself a treat.  I mean I had been to spin class already, all in all I burned 900 calories today just in spin classes....I had only eaten about 400 calories today...so when class was over.....

I WALKED RIGHT PAST THE FOUNTAIN AND OUT THE DOOR!!!!

I came home and instead ate to egg bites (from "the world according to eggface")...they were good, took the edge off and at 40 calories each, 3 gr protein and less than 1gr of carb....I was good to go...

I beat the monster.....

So here is my recipe on www.livestrong.com/myplate:  http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/ham-cheese-egg-bites-3/

and here is a link to eggface's blog....pointing you to her egg bites....she has many flavors......I may have to try some more...http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/10/party-time-confetti-bites.html

No comments: