"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Friday, September 03, 2010

Week 7: Checking in! Wow, what a week....

So this week, I weighed in at 270.3!!!!! I have lost 32.7 lbs since surgery. Yes that is 32.7 lbs in 7 weeks. Last week I lost 4.6 lbs!!!!!!! 

I am so excited and feel so good. I eat all of the foods I like. Seriously! Last night I baked a whole chicken and made a side of stove top cornbread stuffing. I ate about 1/3 of a breast (crispy skin and all) and 1/2 cup of stove top! I was full but happy.

This week I also graduated myself from week 4 on the Couch to 5K program.  (a 9 week program that is supposed to take you from the couch to running a 5K).  I had been stuck on week 4 for 2 weeks.  I skipped week 3 on accident.  Week 4's program is: 5 minute warmup, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run, 5 minute cool down.....I was having such a hard time getting through the 5 minute runs, mentally I couldn't get over that hurdle....I found out that if I covered the display on the treadmill and didn't look at the clock, I was able to do them! yay...so now on to week 5, I am officially closer to 5K than to couch!

I was also able to use my lap this week as a a lap....I know that sounds weird, but I didn't notice until I was doing it.  For a while there I really hadn't used my lap as an extra flat surface, it was wobbly and my belly or my thighs got in the way.  Yesterday I found myslef with a try on my lap and it just being able to be there, flat, and work as an extra surface.....ahhhh the little things......

Another thing I noticed is that when I walk if I look straight down, I can see my toes....I noticed because I looked down, and said to myself man!  I really need a pedicure...and then went..."whoa! I actually can see my toes while I walk.....Yay"

My clothes are loose, I put on a pair of shoes the other day that I'd never been able to get on my bricks....it's showing it finally is showing....wooooooo-hoooooooo

I had a phone interview this week, it went well, it was one of those things that when I hung up, I almost knew that this was going to be the job for me.  I am going to have to talk to the hiring manager on the phone, I was hoping that would have already happened (the HR rep said that it would be this week, but with the Holiday looming who knows)....so all of you keep your fingers crossed....I really really want this job!  Now if I could get to the face to face interview part before I have to get all my suits re-fitted!  That would be awesome....

This weekend is Labor Day..I think we'll hide from the tourists enjoying the "last" summer weekend on the beach....and we'll BBQ here at home and just chill....

Oh! and to give credit....hubby lost the weight he gained last week, plus 2 lbs...so he is in a better mood.....thank goodness, don't think I could have been able to put up with another "poor me" weekend....

I am sooo excited....I had an awesome week.....





No comments: