"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jambalaya....ok, not low carb, but low cal.....

I am not doing a no carb diet, I try to eat good carbs or mostly protein. My body asks me for carbs for all the gym-work I do.  So yesterday I had some pork in a the fridge that if it didn't go, it would GO!  so I looked around and decided to make a jambalaya....so yes it has rice, but it is so good and around 260 calories a portion....one portion filled me up.  It was soooo good.  It may have been the Goya Saffron Seasoning (I have no idea why I have these in the house, but they will be a keeper seasoning from now on).....It is soooooo delish!  Also got rid of stuff in the fridge.  Tonight I'll make chicken/basil/feta roll-ups.....I'll post the recipe tomorrow.



Here is the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 4 link Cajun Style Andouille Aidelles
  • 1 lb Boneless Center Cut Pork Loin Chop, Raw
  • 1 1/2 cups Ro-tel (1 can)
  • 1 1/2 cups Rice, White, Raw
  • 3/4 cup Onions
  • 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, Raw
  • seasoning (salt, knorr chicken, pepper, garlic powder, goya safron seasoning, cayenne)

I chopped the pork and sausage, browned in skillet, added onions, bell pepper, rotel and seasoning.  Also added about 1 cup of water.  I dumped it all into the pressure cooker (I was wanting to cook fast, but could have left it to stew in the skillet on simmer) and cooked for about 20 minutes.  Then I poured it all back into the skillet, added the rice and 1/5 cups of water, brought to a boil and covered.  Simmer for 10 minutes, turn off heat (leave cover) and leave it alone for another 10-15 minutes...the rice will be cooked.

I portioned it out into 10 portions.  Each portion is between 3/4 cup-1cup of food.

Here is the calorie nutritional info:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 bowl

Amount per Serving

Calories 261
Calories from Fat 60.8

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 6.75g
10%
Saturated Fat 2.4g
12%
Cholesterol 50mg
16%
Sodium 426.79mg
17%
Total Carbohydrate 30.61g
10%
Dietary Fiber 1.1g
4%
Sugars 1.01g
 
Protein 18.63g
37%

On other topic:
Today I am only doing cardio once, my legs need a break from running, so I'm only doing 1 spin class, I'll go back to the jogging tomorrow, maybe I'll get a swim in tomorrow or if I feel like it today.

I got my "monthly bill" for being female yesterday and I think that it is making me even more exhausted......I still think I should have gotten those bits removed at the time of surgery.....anyway....check in tomorrow for the chicken basil recipe....

See ya!

No comments: