"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tortilla Stack....OMG soooooo good

So guys, I made this the other night and can I tell you it is so freaking delicious!!!

It is a little higher in terms of carbs than my normal foods, but I wanted something Mexican and with a not so bad calorie count.

I used a med. sized lasagna pan, and it makes 6 amazingly filling portions....


Ingredients


Directions:



Brown beef, in the meantime cube up 4-5 zucchini or calabazita squash, about 2 cups cubed.  Once the meat is browned, add squash and corn.  Season with your favorite seasoning (I used knorr chicken, cumin, and had some leftover ortega chiles so I dumped those in).  Added added about 1 cup of water and then stewed for a while, until the water basically disappears.


Take your lasagna pan, spray with PAM, place 2 tortillas accross the bottom, take a 3rd tortilla cut in half and fill in the space on the bottom. Open the can of refried beans (I used rosarita jalapeno), dump on top of tortillas and spread over evenly.  Take your browned and stewed beef and dump on top of beans, spread evenly.  top with 3 tortillas (2 plus 2 halves).  Spread salsa and cheese evenly over tortillas.  Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes just so the cheese melts and it all sets;.


I cut mine in 6 even squares, and refrigerated in pan.  Have been eating a square for breakfast....so good.


Here's the calorie breakdown...



Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 squares

Amount per Serving

Calories 283
Calories from Fat 83.8

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 9.31g
14%
Saturated Fat 3.75g
18%
Cholesterol 23.33mg
7%
Sodium 393.33mg
16%
Total Carbohydrate 34.83g
11%
Dietary Fiber 6.22g
24%
Sugars 4.39g
 
Protein 19g
38%

No comments: