"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My hair is falling out!!

I knew it would happen...I was mentally prepared....and then it happened.....my hair is falling out!!!


So what does every normal person do when their hair starts falling out......Well dye it of course.....I used an ammonia free hair dye, and it will wash out....just as well, since I'll color it some other color in a few weeks.....

It's not falling out in clumps, and I don't have bald spots (yet.....and hopefully never) it is like excessive shedding, my brush is full of hair every time I brush, and when I shower and wash, it just falls out....hand fulls of it.....I'm glad I have alot of hair, and I know it will grow back.....but still it is annoying and sort of gross just hair everywhere.....

They say hair loss is normal after any surgery due to anesthesia and trauma to the body, but for people who go through WLS it is a little worse and usually starts around 12 weeks post op, due to such a lower calorie intake and the trauma your body goes through....that's one of the reasons we need to up the protein intake.....

Regardless....my hair is now dyed for winter....if now only the weather will follow...it has been boiling hot here in CA...and of course where we live we have no A/C so I feel like I am sweating all day long....goodbye blonde...hello mahogany brunette......




2 comments:

Paul Cirangle said...

Carol, we just posted a blog entry about hair loss after surgical weight loss. There are recommended supplements and dosage to aid patients: http://lapsf.com/blog/?p=114

Carol said...

Thanks Dr. Cirangle....I'll take a look at the blog.