"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 10: Still going down.....

So this morning I get up, and right before I get on the scale, my husband comes out of the bathroom and says...."I don't get it, I didn't lose anything, I gained 2lbs!" so he was all pissy and mad, and showed much of the same reaction I had to the scale for years.....I do have to say, that he has worked out like crazy, he hits cardio hard 7 days a week for about 1 to 1.5 hours, he does 2 days of heavy weights and is probably eating 1800-2000 calories a day.  I told him that he probably should start journaling food and just be really diligent on calorie intake, etc.

So after that I went and got on the scale.....and WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO! I was down 2.2 lbs.  So I was happy with that, and tried not to celebrate too much because I knew that it was already killing him.

So after a bit of walking around, and 2 cups of coffee, for whatever reason (and I never do this), I was like...let me step on the scale again....and I had lost another .5lbs.  So now the conundrum, which weight should I take....hmmmmm......I think I'll take the earlier weight and get a head start on next week.....but seriously, after coffee I weigh less????

So of course I tell him, he goes and gets on the scale and he's down the 2lbs, plus an extra .5lbs. So that makes his week a loss of 1/2 lbs.  He's so mad!  I can totally relate as I was there for years, worked hard, watched what I ate, and still lost nothing!!!! So he goes of to the gym, works his buns off, sweats his head off, comes home, showers and weighs in again.  No loss....Now he's really upset.  I think that it would have only taken a tiny push to take him over the edge and cry.  I feel so bad for him, but we'll get through this week.  I am vetoing all pasta, sauces, and high fat foods in the house.  So next week should be lean, high protein, low fat week.....

In the meantime, I went to the Dr.'s office to have them take a look at my multiple skin issues, got another stint of antibiotics and some more topical creams.  I got on the scale at their office, and I was down another 1lbs from my scale at home....and usually their scale is 1lbs higher than my scale.....

I'll stick to my scale and my original 2.2......so that makes it a grand total of:

38.6lbs!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

animo nena! vas super bien! te quierooo!