"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Getting used to this new body....tummy, etc....

Yesterday was day 6.  Wow time flies....I am feeling more and more like myself, less tired and really having to hold myself back from just going full blast......

But here's the one deal.....I STINK!  Everything about me smells.....smells differently and "loudly".....my pee smells like a mix of strong Vitamin B and Amonia, my B.O., is also a very different smell.  I've looked around and it looks like I am detoxing, and it may the ketosis, or when your body starts using your stored fat as energy, the waste product or ketone comes out in your urine, sweat and breath....AWESOME!  So hopefully that won't last long...and if I do...oh well....bring on the super strength deodorant!

I went to the gym yesterday, for the first time....yay!  I felt great!  I did about 25 minutes of cardio, not super strength or anything, or anything close to speed and time as before surgery, but it felt good to get back to the gym.  My trainer "L" was awesome, and as he trains "AK", he gave me instructions for 5-7 minutes/machine - 3 machines (elliptical, treadmill, bike).  Yay...every few days I'll increase a minute and should be back to my 45 minutes pretty quickly.....

So dinner last night, I was ready to try something that wasn't clear broth....I took a can of ready made cream of potato soup, added about the same amount of chicken broth and thinned it out and blended....it felt like heaven on my mouth...yummmmmm.....I was able to drink about a 10 oz mug over about 35 minutes...so sip sip sip slowly...I new I got really full and even felt a little heaviness on my chest.....but still...it felt like heaven....

So Wednesday here I come!.....Today I woke up and did my usual, protein shake (I added frozen mango to the vanilla powder today...yum....- I still like the chocolate better - )

I messed around the house a little while, and went of to the stores....COSTCO, and 2 grocery stores....my life never changes....

At COSTCO, they were sampling individual To-Go yogurts, so I thought that would be a great idea to try....man was I wrong...it felt like I swallowed a knife, pointy side down and I could actually feel when it hit my stomach, don't know if it is the yogurt or the lactose, but whatever it is, I don't think I'm ready for yogurt yet.....I'll figure out this new tummy one way or another right?

Then at TJ's they were sampling a marinara sauce....now I can have tomato soup and marinara sauce, and starting next week I'll be able to have ricotta and cream cheese, so I thought....hmmmm, I should try that sauce to see if I like it...that way next week I can have a ricotta cheese and marinara sauce bake for dinner......I took a tiny taste, and it was heavenly...it did hurt a little, not as much as the yogurt, but I got me some of that fo' next week.....wooo!

So I'm back home, eating a little jello and some iced tea, making my tummy feel better, I'll take some Gas-X and take a nap....

It's going to take a while, but I'll figure it out....fo' sho!

No comments: