"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ricotta - Can't wait for "mushy" stage....

I bought the ricotta and Parmesan, I can't wait to make it.....I bought a good jared sauce to top with.....I might try the desert too, but am totally sick of sweets so who knows when I'll try it!

RICOTTA BAKE:

1 – 15 oz. Container of low fat Ricotta
1 frozen pkg. of spinach thawed/drained (squeezed) well - you can also use any veggies (e.g., zucchini and/or eggplant and sauté till soft)
1 C Parmesan cheese (split in 1/2) (Use the fresh grated from the grocery store, the stuff in the can is too dry)
1 egg

Mix all together - except for 1/2 C of parmesan -- put in a baking dish – (I used a 1 quart size) add another ½ C of cheese on top and bake @ 350 till golden & bubbly - about 30mins
Add marinara or pesto sauce on top once done.
Reheats quite nicely!

DESSERT:


1 15oz container of low fat Ricotta
1 small tub of Fat Free Cool Whip
½ package of SF Jell-O (instant) cheesecake pudding mix
½ package of SF Jell-O (instant) chocolate pudding mix
Combine all – let set overnight – ENJOY. 

No comments: