"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15....Surgery Day....

So...here I am, 5:30 am, the nurses came in to start my IV, and give me some meds......surgery is planned to be closer to noon so 6 hours to go.....Ayyyyy.....

So here's the schedule so far today:  (I'll update as I go)

5:30am - Start IV, put on super elastic anti-clot hose....the IV went in on the first try! and pulling up the hose....well, all I can say is that I'm glad I just laid there and had the nurses sweat to get the super tights over my thunder thighs!

9:30am - The infection control lady came by, made sure I wasn't feeling anything, I guess she's the "head nurse"....the cleaning guy came by, cleaned, changed towels, etc....room smells clean not sterile

I am going to nap now...let's see if that brings anyone else into the room...it's been working so far.....

and guess what!??? it worked!

10:00am - met lead surgeon, and the entire surgery team came by, answered questions, and set me at total peace!~  here I go, a few more hours.....

10:30am - anticoagulant shot, now when the Dr. said I'd get it under the skin, I expected my arm or butt, but no!!!! I got a shot on my belly!!!!! it didn't hurt while it was happening, it stings a little now.....

ok, let's see what happens next....I think it's OR time.....

No comments: