"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14th, 2010....Travel Day....

So the last week, I've been on a high protein, liver shrinking diet.  I struggled with the no carbs, because I missed the sugar.  I could totally tell when I went to work out, I got tired faster....hmmmm I guess my body has to figure out, that it can draw on stored energy instead of eating energy....

So this morning I took off....left home on the 12:30 flight and arrived in San Diego at 5:30.

I was at baggage claim and all of a sudden a man came up to me, and said Carol?  How did he know, I mean I wasn't the only fat person there....but whatever....got my suitcase...and drive south across the border to Tijuana. The driver's name was Rafael, he was very nice, professional and we were at the hospital in no time at all.

I was ushered into reception, they took down my info, made copies of my ID, I guess I got a little jittery when they asked me my religion, in case they need to send a priest down???

Anyway....I was promptly taken to Labs and XRAY, by 7:15 I was in my hospital room and connected to my computer.

The hospital room is beautiful, I keep calling it hotel, because it looks and feels like a hotel room.  Wood Floors, Marble Bathroom, TV, Internet, etc.

The nurses are great and really nice.  I got an EKG done in the room, and was brought up dinner.

I laughed out loud, since I've been on protein pre surgery diet, and my dinner is a ham sandwich on white bread, apples, a yogurt and apple juice....carb heaven.....My first sip of apple juice felt like heaven, and I HATE apple juice!

Anyway...I'll post pictures.  So far so good.....

The Anesthesiologist will be coming to talk to me tonight.  I already talked to the surgery assistant and tomorrow morning I meet the rest of the surgical staff.

So far so good.  I am nervous, but am ready to have my sleeve....


Yay!

No comments: