"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Monday, July 26, 2010

San Francisco - Overnight and business dinner.....

So yesterday (Sunday) we drove up to San Francisco, no big deal, I got my protein shake in, packed a can of coconut water and a bottle of Sobe 0 calories....and we're off.  We had a business dinner that night and I had already looked at the menu and knew I was going to have the tomato soup for dinner.....Even though I think it was a test of mental toughness, we went to an Italian restaurant, if you know me, you probably also know that you can poison me with pasta, and I'd gladly ask for more....

I'm still on full liquids, so decision for dinner was made up...no probs....

For the drive up I drank my coconut water....and I was pretty satisfied, both in fullness and in calories...I felt good....

Once we got to the hotel though I was hungry!  I knew I needed to eat and find soup or smoothie or something. It was 4:30 most restaurants are closed so I called in room service.  They were offering tomato bisque or lobster bisque.  I ordered the lobster bisque and waited, and paced and waited....Finally it got there.....I was so hungry!

I spooned out the chunks of lobster, and about 1/3 of the crock of soup onto a plate and gave it to my husband so he could eat and dip the delicious sourdough into it.

I slowly started spooning in the bisque.....it was heavenly....I knew it was rich and my stomach was asking all sorts of questions in the fashion of noise and acceptance to some creamy richness.....I was full and I knew I was full but took that one extra spoonfull.....

No I didn't puke, but I had to lay back, my upper lip was developing an awesome sheen of sweat, and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest....I guess I was REALLY full.....

I need to figure out that I need to listen to the "full" signal better, otherwise when I get to mushy or solids, I am going to puke.....and once I start, I don't stop.....

So after about 15 minutes I felt back to normal.  We met our business acquaintances in the lobby and off to dinner.

About 8:30 is when I finally got my tomato soup (tomato and eggplant with a mint creme fraishe (sp))....it was good and I ate about 1/2 of it, before I pushed it back....I didn't want to feel grossed out again.

When everyone ordered their dessert and after dinner drink, I ordered some chamomile tea.....all in all a successful night, contract signed and I managed to eat out without screwing myself up....

This morning we woke up, and started our drive back home.  Stopped by a Jamba Juice and I got a berry/banana protein smoothie.  It feels good on my stomach but heavy.  I think my tummy is still mad at me because of the lobster bisque, or maybe it doesn't like the banana (too heavy) or both.....

I'll slowly sip on my smoothie on my way home.  I have 2 1/2 hours to plow through it.....


I am going to do this...I can even go out to dinner and be ok with it.....who would have thunk?

No comments: