"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Soups, Soups, Soups!!!! Which one should I choose?

Still on liquids so I've discovered the magic of blended soups....

I am in love with my blender and have created a soup buffet in my refrigerator.....

Here are some of the best options so far:

Progresso (ready in can soups) - I always add about 1/2 can to 3/4 can of water or chicken broth to make a little less thick.  Seriously before surgery I would down one of these cans as a snack or "pre-meal".  Now I get about 2 if not 3 servings.....yay!  So much money savings!

Italian Wedding Soup - Seriously, I think this soup tastes better blended than whole.  All of the ingredients get mashed together to form a perfect "wedding" of flavors.  I love love love this soup!

Sirloin burger soup - OMG, this one is awesome, I spiked it with a few drops of tabasco and man o man, this was great.

Tomato: a standy and as usual super delicioso! add a little milk, half and half, whatever you have handy for an extra creamy taste.....

If you have a Randall's/Von's/Fry's nearby...they have a soup section right next to the deli/bread service station.  They have a bunch of delish flavors....

Red Thai Curry with Chicken - WOW! this one is tops!  For me I miss my Thai food and rice, the blenderized version of this one is magic in my mouth.  Like all creamy soups it is higher calorie (240 cal/1 cup) but I usually can't eat a whole cup, also I water it down, so it's 50% soup/50% FF milk or water.....but it hits the spot and the taste buds....

Creamy Tomato Basil - What more can I say, I also water down but it is sooooooooooo great.....


Now I have a ton of containers in the fridge, choice of flavors and soups...variety.....

I can't wait to try more soups....play around with it, really it is amazing how many choices we have on this liquid phase if we really start looking at different soups.....

Next week mushy.....so I can food process chicken, stew, etc....basically pre-chewed food....ha!  I'll let you know what I discover.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the blog. I swear we are separated at birth or something. I've just started to research getting my surgery in Mexico. May I ask how much it cost for yours?

Carol said...

Tammy, thanks for the read. I paid $8,000 for Plication (got a 500 discount, not sure why, but hey I'll take it). You can see Angeles Hospital Pricing @ http://www.angeleshealth.com/prices.aspx

The only other Dr. I would recommend for traditional sleeve is Dr. Aceves in Mexicalli - I think he is charging $8,750 http://www.mexicalibariatriccenter.com/

For Plication Dr. Corvala is the man!