"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Incisions....the good and the bad....

So, I have had zero, nothing, nada.....no pain from my incisions.

Most of the steri-strips are on their way to come off or have fallen off. (steri strips is what the surgeon used to close me up, little tape pieces).
ok, this one is upside down, check out my belly button, but this one is on my left side....also, look at the gross tape residue.....one of these days I'll scrub it off......
this one is the one between my boobs, right above my bra line (check out the random hair in the picture)



But one incision, has lost it's steri strips, they just came off, but my sore looks like a crater....like a tiny puncture wound.  It is the smallest of my incisions, but still a pain in the butt!

This one is on my right side, it looks gross, but it doesn't hurt....awsome stretch marks!



I discovered, after a few days of a bandaid a day, and dealing with changing them and getting sick of them not sticking to my gut, a "new" type of bandaid....they stick to the sore, they are waterproof and have some special ointment or something in them for help with rapid healing and with keeping moisture to the "right" moisture.


Here's a picture of my crater with the Extra Special Bandaid.....

It's hard to see, but you may be able to tell, in the middle it has a darker shade of white, that is the "special" healing solution.....we'll see....but in the meantime, at least it'll stay on for a few days.

No comments: