"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am sooooo frustrated!!!!

I just got back from the Dr.'s office!  OMG what a major pain in the rear!  Seriously.....

I have been going to the same facility for the last 3 years.  At the beginning of this year, I think the Dr.'s practice exploded so he hired additional physicians.  Whatever....I was ok, with being one of the ones that got schlepped to the new Dr. on board.

I had a check up in January and saw a Dr. for my annual.  He was new and wanted to have some more recent bloodwork and wanted to see me a month later to look and review the results.  Ok, I was fine with that....so I go back a month later, I see him and all is good.  I make an appointment for May to have my "well woman exam"....you know the yearly fun times with my too too!......

So in may, I clean out the cobwebs down there and go to the Dr.'s office.....Surprise!  the Dr. I was seeing is no longer at the practice, but the new Dr. will see me.  So he comes in, and talks to me, talks to me about my weight and about how I am feeling.  He gives me a prescription for Meridia a weight loss pill, and suggests I look into weight loss surgery, and schedules me for 2 months.  In the meantime, I ask.....what about my pap smear?  He's like Oh! no problem, this appointment served for getting to know you since I'm new, but come back in 2 months see how the Meridia is working and we'll do the pap then. 2 months later (end of June) I go to have my pap smear, I also go and tell him the drug didn't work, and that I have decided to have weight loss surgery.....he's super excited for me, he supports my idea of going to Mexico for surgery and makes an appointment for 4 weeks post op.

So today I go to the Dr.'s office, it's not quite 4 weeks, but I needed refills on my "happy pill" (Lexapro), and since the last few nights I've had trouble falling asleep, I needed a refill on Ambien.  So I go in, talk to the nurse (Nate) and he asks me how I'm doing on my med's do I need any refills etc.....I say yes I need.....bla bla.....he weighs me (BTW according to the Dr.'s scale I am 280, so that makes 2 more lbs...but whatever, different scale...I'll wait till Friday for official weigh in).....and in comes the Dr.   Guess what!  A new Dr.  A different one from 2 months ago.....we talk, he looks at my incisions, and I'm out of there.  I'm checking out and I ask about my prescriptions....they all looked stumped...they go and ask the Dr. and he replies that since he and I didn't really talk about it, to make an appointment for a week from today to see.  You all have no idea how ticked off that made me......so I said "NO", "I will talk to him now"  so I waited for about 45 minutes until he came out from seeing a patient, and said  "oh, those medications, I don't feel comfortable with, they are beyond my scope of medicine, so I can't prescribe them"......SERIOUSLY!!!!  I mean that facility is the one who has had me on those meds for the last 3 years!!  Beyond their "scope of medicine"...should I sue them for mismanagement of medical care????

So I ask to see the main Dr.  the one I had originally seen before I got pushed to the new Dr.'s in his practice, and that I didn't think I should have to pay for another visit.  They made an appointment for an hour from then and I left.

I get back to the Dr.'s office and ready to tell the main what I think of his practice.....and they tell me......

"You know, since you have already seen a Dr. today, your insurance won't pay for a second visit today, unless you want to pay cash and that's $125 for this visit, or you can come in tomorrow......SERIOUSLY.....are you F-ing kidding me????  I said, why am I even paying for another visit....I didn't receive treatment or what I originally came in for, in all aspects of patient care and customer service you would think that they would have given waived the fee for a second consult.  Regardless, I didn't get past reception.  By this point I am so angry....I told them that there was this "brand new invention" called the telephone....the least they could have done is called me and saved me the trip to his office.

Anyway...long story....but I will go back tomorrow....9am to tell the main Dr. how I feel.  I will get the prescriptions I need, and then in peace and tranquility look for a new Dr.......I hate hate hate, when people waste my time.....


GRRRRRRRR.....my head is about to explode, so down with the Excedrin Migraine!  and here's to continued weight loss.....no wonder the medical services field in the US is going down the tubes....this is with private insurance....can't wait to see how we're treated when government sponsored care kicks in!

No comments: