"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

I just saw this...laughed out loud and had to post!

From the OH website, here is a list of things to take with you to the hospital for surgery.....

 Hospital List for Your Weight Loss Surgery Courtesy of Moni
  • Lip balm / chap stick…for the dry lips when you can’t have ice chips
  • Baby wipes or antibacterial wipes to freshen up
  • Trial size baby lotion or favorite lotion
  • Small shampoo and conditioner
  • Brush, hair ties
  • Toothbrush and paste …the hospital provides some but it tastes horrible
  • Deodorant
  • Insurance card and living will or health care proxy, medication list
  • Your own pillow w/colored case (this will be handy for the ride home too)
  • Loose clothes to wear home and a good pair of non slip sole slip on shoes…you will hate to bend over to put on shoes
  • Camera in case you want to document the journey …this is an optional item
  • Phone numbers in case you want to call family/friends
  • Sanitary napkins (a lot of women will start their cycle right after surgery)
  • Eye covering (if light bothers you), earplugs (if noise bothers you)
  • Pictures of family or loved ones…This is an optional item
  • Small fan …this is an optional item
  • Get some type of long wooden spoon or something you can wrap toilet tissue around. If that doesn't work, get a family member to help wipe.
  • A robe and house shoes to walk in the hall after surgery
  • Some reading material like magazines…you won’t get through a book with all the drugs they have you on.
  • CPAP machine (if Dr. requires it)
  • Albuterol rescue inhaler
So all of this is normal...but here's my favorite....and NO!  I did not do this, nor did I have the need to do this....

  • Get some type of long wooden spoon or something you can wrap toilet tissue around. If that doesn't work, get a family member to help wipe.
 Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....I would have never thought to do that....I guess it makes sense if you can't get down there because of incision pain...Thank goodness I didn't need to go to this extreme......


Ok I'm still laughing......

2 comments:

Dee said...

I've been reading back through your blog and I had a couple questions. Did you end up going to Dr Aceves and did you get the plication done?

Carol said...

Dee,

I opted for Sleeve Plication, and Dr. Aceves doesn't perform this procedure.

I chose Dr. Corvala in Tijuana to have my plication done. I loved him, he is so mild mannered and very knowledgeable. The hospital and staff were wonderful.....