"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Update on Rash

So in case anyone wanted to know where the rash expedition ended up....I finally got in to see the dermatologist and was waiting for a you have a fungus or some weird condition.....

Apparently I am allergic to my shampoo or a shampoo.....which shampoo is to be discovered....

In the meantime, since it looks like it a very strong allergic reaction, that I spread from where my hair falls on my back and chest to my legs and arms......

So I have to put topical steroid cream on it...

For 4 days, I have to put it on, put moist dressings on it (which means I'll look like a mummy) for 30 minutes and reapply....my husband is going to be thrilled....NOT!

Then 10 days of just ointment 3 times a day.....

In the meantime I have to test the 2 shampoos I've used in the last 6 months (WEN and Pantene) and Alberto VO5 (aparantly the basic in the world of shampoos) - patch testing, and see how my skin reacts to each.....he's hoping I won't have a reaction to the Alberto VO5.....the patch testing is basically putting the shampoo on the pad of a band-aid and putting it on a place on your body that doesn't have a current rash.....leave it for 48 hours, take off band-aids and draw a circle around band-aid site....watch for another 48 hours....I guess I'll take pictures to document....

Awesome....If I am allergic to even Alberto VO5, I think I'll go rastra.....grow some dreads and stop washing my hair for a while.....



Another awesome discovery, I have 2 red spots on my back, they also itch and could possibly be part of the rash or (worst case scenario) could be skin cancer.


So I have an appointment with the dermatologist again next Monday, if the spots are still the same size after treatment for allergy, they will be biopsied......So I guess I'll update in a week....hopefully my itching will stop!

No comments: