"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
I'm ready to make MY new ending!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Skin tests - different shampoos...

So the Dr. wanted me to "test" different shampoos on my skin, to see which one I have a reaction too.  So the test is, put some shampoo on a bandaid, and put bandaid on skin on thigh and leave for 48 hours.

So I did and here are pictures documenting....

Here's my clean thigh:
Ok, so with flash and light, it came out looking like the surface of the sun!

Here are the test subjects:

Wen, Pantene Shampoo, Pantene Conditionar and Alberto V05

And here is a picture of my thigh with badaids....I had to put shipping tape over the entire test section since the bandaids kept threatening to move.

Love the plastic wrapped lard look!  I'll probably have an allergic reaction to the tape!

So I'm going through the motions, but.......also last week I went to get chemicals for the hot tub...

Yes you heard right, hot tub.  I talked to the lady at the store and showed her my back...she says: "I could have saved you a visit to the Dr.  I know exactly what that is.  The water in your tub is growing bacteria, and when you get in, it's warm and your pores open up, then you pound the bacteria into your open pores with the jets, then when you get out, the pores close trapping the bacteria."  So needless to say that made sense to me, she told me I had been using the hot tub and not working the ozone, and heater correctly, I kept adding chemicals, so it was just brewing bacteria...AWESOME!  We changed the water out and now have use and treatment instructions.

We'll see how the skin tests go.  You never know....I may still have an excuse to not wash my hair...  heeeeeee!

No comments: